Tax Preparer -Bilingual Spanish
- Job Level:
$19.00 - $20.00/hr
Tax Preparers and Quality Reviewers needed for tax season from January 23th - April 20th to provide high-quality tax return preparation for eligible taxpayers. Serving in an advanced certification capacity, these staff provide a quality review check on each tax return prepared and reviews the final return with the client.
The schedule will be Tuesday through Saturday. If you are bilingual Spanish or Mandarin, customer service oriented, have some tax experience and can commit to the schedule, PLEASE APPLY ASAP and someone will get back to you within 24 hours.
- Attend and successfully complete the training to be certified by the IRS at the advanced level.
- Successfully learn the Tax Slayer tax preparation software to complete tax returns, prepare and quality review returns using electronic filing software.
- Interview the client to determine that all income is reported and all allowable deductions are claimed.
- Directly prepare and/or quality review the client’s return, based upon the information provided by the client and the client’s answers provided on the intake form.
- Prepare and/or quality review only those returns for which training and certification were provided.
- Accept no payment or other compensation of any kind from the client.
- Inform/refer the client to the other services offered through the VITA site.
- Maintain the confidentiality of the client’s information.
- Ensure that on-site quality review is performed on the return.
- Have the client sign the applicable authorization documents for electronic filing.
- Timely review all returns for tax and technical accuracy before the r
Experience & Skills Required
- College degree preferred or some college education
- Must be bilingual Spanish or bilingual Mandarin
- Knowledge of personal income taxes as well as tax law knowledge required
- Must complete the Volunteer Standard of Conduct exam and Intake/Interview & Quality Review
- Must be very Customer Service oriented