- Job Level:
$36,000.00 - $38,000.00/yr
Entry level Accounting Clerk needed for expanding Corporation located in Bewster, NY ASAP!!! This position works with Sales and Finance to enhance and support company collection efforts. This position requires someone with strong Microsoft Excel skills and prior education and/or light experience in Accounting. This position communicates directly with accounts, providing essential support for the Corporation
- Reconciling outstanding account balances, and preparation of weekly reports on accounts receivable and past due status, maintaining clear notes regarding customers’ accounts.
- Assist customers with questions/problems on their account.
- Approves order releases for credit accounts on credit hold.
- Sends out past due letters by email or mail.
- Notifies/resolves uncollected COD’s, skipped invoices, underpaid invoices and processes/resolves non-sufficient fund checks.
- Processes approved payments by customers.
- Responsible for collection activities including sending follow-up inquiries, negotiating with past due accounts on repayment terms.
- Review and process credit applications within established company guidelines to be approved by management.
- Participates in credit department meetings and communicates any concerns to management.
Experience & Skills Required
- Microsoft Excel skills required. (Must pass a basic excel spreadsheet test)
- Education in Finance or Accounting and/or some accounting experience
- Good communication and interpersonal skills capable of maintaining strong relationships with customers and with the sales team.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Previous experience with credit accounts, following guidelines