Lead and direct the routine functions of the Human Resources (HR) department based on company policies, practices and culture; manage recruitment, development and training, individual performance, productivity and employee satisfaction to provide the best possible staffing needed to achieve the company objectives.
- Planning of the staffing needs and personnel budget of the area
- Structuring of the area and selection of employees
- Definition of tasks, objectives, development objectives and wages
- Control and evaluation of the objective’s achievement
- Coaching and conducting of feedback discussions
- Responsibility for work safety of the employees
- Partners with the leadership team to understand and execute the organization's human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Provides support and guidance to HR generalists, management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
- Manages the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, particularly for managerial, exempt, and professional roles; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Oversees exempt employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performance management - develop and administer performance evaluations and performance improvement programs
- Policy development and implementation (Employee Handbook and Personnel Policies Manual)
- Employee Relations - conflict resolution, union avoidance, counsel managers on discipline, discrimination, harassment, absenteeism, administer employee incentive programs
- Liaison for Corporate global initiatives (visitor travel arrangements, implementation of intranet, on-line applicant progr, HRIS, monthly corporate HR reporting)
- Maintain and review continuous updates of QM documents once they are developed
- Optimize processes and costs within the departments and externally
- Insure and implement security directives, policies, processes and measures