Food Wholesale Distributors
- Job Level:
- This role is to support HR, Payroll and Admin responsibilities for 85 employees in this location by processing payroll, enrolling benefits, recruiting, employee relations, and reconciling invoices (benefits & union) and other operational process with the office.
- This position will report to the Human Resources Director and the Site President.
- The ideal candidate has experience with HR, office admin procedures and can juggle various administrative tasks in a timely manner
- Prepare and submit weekly payroll for Union & Non-Union, process garnishments and third-party party sick payments, handle all payroll changes.
- Responsible for entering all new hires and terminations
- Maintain progression increases for all new Union employees
- Work with IT to set up new hires including completing new user request forms
- Handles all workers’ compensation claims
- Administrates the location benefits; enrollment for new hires, life changing events, maintaining payroll deductions and point of contact for open enrollment
- Able to create/maintain reports - month-end, union headcount, census, and ad-hoc
- Administer Cobra coverage ensure that all eligible persons (employees, terminated employees and eligible dependents) receive notification; accept payments and enroll participants
- Reconcile and pay monthly ADP, Health, Dental and Union invoices.
- Track and replace office supplies as necessary to avoid interruption in standard front office procedures
- Maintains all company leases and contacts.
- Review and submit invoices (maintenance, travel, and expense) to accounts payable for payment.
- Supports Accounts Payable when needed with invoicing
- Perform other duties as assigned
Associate degree (B.A.) preferred but not required
Experience & Skills Required
- 3 -5 years of payroll/accounting experience
- Experience and proficient with ADP Payroll Software (Workforce Now)
- Strong hands-on computer skills; Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Effective organizational skills, able to multi- task and work with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bilingual in Spanish & English preferred, but not required
- Ability to interact will with diverse set of people; team player
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Demonstrates discretion