Shipping And Receiving
Lighting / Other Fixture Manufacturing
- Job Level:
Our client is hiring for somebody to work within their Shipping & Receiving department in Moonachie, New Jersey. In this option-to-hire role, you will perform cycle counts and maintain the inventory accuracy of the finished goods department.
- Weekly direct deposit
- Referral bonus program
- 24/7 support before, during and after your assignment
- Additional benefits available once qualified
In this role, you will:
- Pick, pack and ship products in a timely fashion, while maintaining the integrity of the products and packaging and ensuring that the material will arrive at its final destination in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Receive all materials and products and complete all appropriate paperwork as required.
- Maintain a safe working environment
- Weigh finished goods and items leaving the premises and that the corresponding documentation is completed and placed where it belongs.
- Identify and label the packaging of all items being shipped in an accurate manner.
- Report shortages, outages of products and unusually high quantities of any particular product.
- Operate forklift, machinery, tools and equipment needed.
- Transfer materials and products to and from the manufacturing area as needed.
- Load and unload shipments onto and off vehicles as needed.
- Assist in the assembly of products and manufacturing as needed.
- Verify the accuracy and validity of the items and documentation received.
- Maintain the integrity of the items received and prevent them from being damaged or lost.
- Forward all required receiving documents to the office.
- Report to management any damaged goods, non-conformity of goods received as well as any discrepancy on documentation.
- Help in the clarification and resolution of discrepancies and non-conformities in receiving
- Follow up with the resolution of any incomplete receiving transaction.
Experience & Skills Required
- Ability to operate forklift, pallet jack, banding machine, and other warehousing material handling equipment
- Knowledge of UPS and Fed-Ex shipping policies
- Knowledge of foreign shipping, customs, and duty
- Skilled in the use of ERP systems
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Computer skills
- 1-3 years of previous manufacturing job related experience