Laboratory Facilities Associate
- Job Level:
$22.00 - $30.00/hr
Our client, a biotechnology corporation located in Boston, MA, is hiring an experienced Laboratory & Facilities Associate to provide direct laboratory and facilities support. In this role, you will assist in routine operations of a shared office and laboratory space; execute routine laboratory support and general lab maintenance, package receipt, collection and washing and sterilization of labware, refill pipette tip boxes, maintain and empty biohazard boxes.
- Weekly direct deposit
- Referral bonus program
- 24/7 support before, during and after your assignment
- Additional benefits available once qualified
As the Laboratory & Facilities Associate, you will:
- Keep space clean and maintain inventory stock levels of consumables, critical reagents, and supplies essential to the operation of the laboratory.
- Be the point-of-contact for employees for facility requests
- Provide general facility support by fulfilling routine light maintenance work orders; such as room set up, moving office equipment and furniture or repairs.
- Maintain daily electronic record of incoming packages which shall include date of arrival, check in, delivery to recipient
- Be responsible for general lab maintenance (Operating autoclave, collection and washing labware, refill pipette tip boxes, maintain and empty biohazard boxes)
- Weekly Safety Shower and Eyewash Testing
- Monthly Review/Update of Emergency Staff Checklists
- Maintain Chemical and SDS Inventory
- Maintain lab coat supply, cleaning and delivery
- Member of Lab Equipment Alarm Team, primary point of contact for alarms.
Experience & Skills Required
- Experience working in a laboratory in a facilities capacity
- Knowledge and experience with biohazard regulations and material handling, including awareness of general industry and laboratory-specific safety standards
- Hazardous waste certification (RCRA, DOT, and IATA) is a plus
- Strong organizational skills, ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Proficiency in MS Office and use of spreadsheets
- Familiarity with Oracle procurement and receipt software a plus
- Willingness to learn
- Must be fully vaccinated for Covid
- DOT and IATA training is a plus (Need DOT for Haz. Waste Sign-off)-will be provided if needed.