- Job Level:
Our client is hiring for a full-time Accounting Manager in Iselin, New Jersey. In this role, you will be responsible for managing the accounting department. This role also serves as a consultant for managers within the organization, advising them of current budgetary information and working with managers to create a fiscal strategy that aligns with the goals of the organization. Ensure the financial record keeping of the Company, and its affiliates adhere to the GAAP principles. You will also support the VP of Operations with projects as assigned.
- Weekly direct deposit
- Referral bonus program
- 24/7 support before, during and after your assignment
- Additional benefits available once qualified
Industry: Luxury goods
As the Accounting Manager, you will:
- Be responsible for supervising the accounting procedures of the company.
- Prepare and/or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards. (Daily Bank and Liquidity Report)
- Advise management on matters of fiscal procedure and importance for the organization.
- Establish tables of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting or other tax requirements for CPA firm and resolve sales tax issues.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Responsible for conducting internal auditing of accounting department.
- Responsible for the development of policies, systems, special financial studies, etc. of major importance.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Engage in critical and confidential aspects of accounting.
- Ensure compliance with the financial procedures of the organization.
- Oversee the day to day responsibilities of the accounting team: bank, payroll and inventory reconciliations; refunds; cash entries and deposits; journal entries; A/P, commissions; and monitor/adjust ERP/Accounting interface; ACH and wire payments
- Assists VP of Operations with month/quarter/year-end closing.
- Reconcile and adjust the general ledger, including fixed assets, prepaid expenses, accruals, depreciation, intercompany accounts
- Review and analyze profit and loss accounts, cost of goods sold and imports report, and goods in transit report and prepare journal entries accordingly.
- Analyze and reconcile expense budgets.
- Calculate depreciation and keep record of fixed assets and accumulated depreciation.
- Generate requested reports for ownership.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors and above with preferred specialization Accounting
Experience & Skills Required
Experience & Skills:
- 5-7 years relevant experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills – Varial, AS400, Cognos
- Analytical skills
- Judgment and Decision making skills - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Economics and Accounting — Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Law and Government — Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process.
- Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications
- Ability to manage others