New City, NY
Cosmetics / Skin Care
- Job Level:
Our client is hiring for a full-time Controller in New City, New York. This position is a key role in the Finance department that will report to the CFO and will manage 2 resources (1 present and 1 new hiring).
As the Controller, you will:
- Manage cost analysis, forecasting, manufacturing cost and the inventory analysis
- Review and validate costing data, monitor productivity, and analyze production rates.
- Analyze and review the monthly Production KPIs and their variances vs target and vs standard.
- Provide support for audits, and internal reviews.
- Collaborate with operations and sales leadership to provide insightful analysis and supporting the decision-making process.
- Analyze production costing and their variances vs standard. Validate costing of recently completed jobs, investigate variances and updates the production lot sizes.
- Perform the month end closing jobs for production costing and Inventory.
- Support the sales team in the product pricing and forecasting by supplying historic and/or estimated labor costs, material costs, and outside processing costs for production products, out of production products, and newly developed products.
- Perform periodic variance analysis on production data to identify unusual activity, relevant trends, and evaluate for opportunities to improve productivity and ensure propriety of inventory valuation and accuracy.
- Play a key role in the production Budget and Forecast processes using providing the productivity figures.
- Perform periodic margin analysis and work with Sales and Operations to evaluate variances from expectations.
- Analyze historical data to evaluate the cost impact of producing at various volumes.
- Support internal customer and audit requests and fact findings demonstrating accuracy and support of costs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or another relevant field
Experience & Skills Required
Experience & Skills:
- 3-6 years of relevant experience in manufacturing industry in accounting or finance
- SAP experience is a must
- Masters/CPA ideal
- Strong working knowledge of Excel
- Ability to prepare presentations and discuss with the internal stakeholders
- Commitment to process improvement and the ability to think “outside the box”
- Strong understanding of US GAAP, and accounting
- Highly organized, independent and self-motivated; committed to delivering consistently accurate and high-quality work product
- Team player
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment