Our client, a New Jersey Medical Facility, is hiring for multiple temporary Patient Services Representatives to work in Paramus, New Jersey. In this role, you will greet visitors, patients, and families in a friendly professional manner and direct them appropriately.
As the Patient Services Representative, you will:
- Maintain an efficient patient flow through the registration process and provide excellent customer service to patients/families.
- Promptly answer the telephone, direct all calls appropriately, take an accurate message and deliver to the appropriate individual.
- Inform patients of delay in physician schedules, assist with patient comfort while delayed.
- Post all self pay charges, collect payments, and provide patient with receipt.
- Reconcile billing slips to daily schedule.
- Open and close batches properly, accurately reconcile collections, prepare deposits and document corrections.
- Scan the insurance card, process insurance verifications utilizing the on-line system, and update the patient account.
- Update patient information including demographics, insurance, HIPAA forms and financial waivers.
- Schedule appointments accurately according to department guidelines; using waitlist when applicable.
- Schedule and enter orders for diagnostic tests, and procedures, following all appropriate workflows.
- Work cooperatively with Patient Care Resources and clinical staff to ensure timely pre-authorizations.
- Complete referrals according to departmental guidelines and properly enter into the appropriate system.
- Effectively communicate problems, concerns, or issues to the Office Supervisor / Manager.
- Perform various clerical duties such as faxing, photocopying, scanning, filing and mailings.
- Demonstrate flexibility with various work schedules, cover for other staff when asked including other office locations.
- Demonstrate the ability to adequately follow downtime procedures.
- Other job duties as required.