- Job Level:
$60,000 - $65,000
Our client is hiring for a Logistics Coordinator in Shelton, CT. This position provides sales support for existing business, is the interface between the suppliers and the customers, processes sales orders, arranges domestic transportation and tracks shipment through delivery, sales follow-up, monitors customer credit limits and late payments, and performs administrative duties as necessary.
Specialty Chemicals & Nutraceutical Ingredients
As the Logistics Coordinator, you will:
- Ensure customers and principals are provided with accurate and timely information on sales and purchase transactions
- Input purchase, sales, logistics and other related data in the local IT system
- Arrange domestic transportation, ensuring compliant, timely, and accurate inventory movements
- Manage logistics from supplier to customer
- Select vendors and negotiate competitive pricing for logistics services
- Gain a formal understanding of domestic rules and regulations that govern the shipments of chemical and nutraceutical products ensuring GHS and DOT hazmat compliance
- Ensure timely processing and payment of vendor invoices, audit freight bills from trucking companies and warehouse handling bills for accuracy, and enter/update corresponding costs in database
- File claims with carriers and insurance companies for damages occurred during transportation and handles any corresponding returns from customers
- Assist Product Managers in managing inventory levels related to assigned stocks at warehouses
- Assist the sales force in all related work and business development such as promote products/services whenever possible
- Actively manage customer credit limits and assist with collection calls and payments recovery if necessary
- Participate in annual physical inventory counts and reconciliations of 3rd party warehouses.
Experience & Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, business, marketing or related discipline
- 3+ years’ experience in sales support, customer service, and transportation and inventory management in a global operation preferred
- DOT hazmat and GHS familiarity is beneficial.
- Professional telephone manner required along with excellent IT skills (MS Office, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), experience in IFS a plus.
- Knowledge of web based logistic tracking programs and/or inventory software, order processing systems and database software.