Insurance Follow Up Representative
White Plains, NY
- Job Level:
$20.00 - $24.00/hr
The Insurance Follow Up Representative is responsible for providing various support within Patient Accounts. This position involves collecting and managing accounts, following up with insurance companies, reconciling accounts, filing corrected claims, appealing claims when appropriate, assisting in posting cash, adjustments and customer service support.
- Posts payments and reconciles account balances
- Processes patient and insurance refunds
- Reviews open accounts for account reconciliation and next steps to resolve open balances.
- Contacts patients and insurance carriers as needed to resolve open balances and account issues.
- Communicates with ancillary departments and agencies regarding account errors, billing edits, denials and charge issues.
- Reviews payments for accuracy and appropriate account distribution.
- References contracts for payment and balance accuracy.
- Posts adjustments as needed and directed to resolve open balances.
- Reviews and works denials as needed, updates and drafts appeals as needed to carriers to resolve open account balances.
- Reviews open AR to identify and resolve accounts receivable as well as escalate issues as needed.
- Composes and types routine correspondence, memos, letters, etc.
- Responsible for updating the patient accounts system with information and notes as needed.
Experience & Skills Required
- 2-5 years previous experience in a similar medical billing / insurance follow up role
- Must be comfortable with MS Office
- Accurate data entry
- Must be vaccinated for Covid-19