Linux Systems Engineer
Oyster Bay, NY
Information Technology Services
- Job Level:
$80,000.00 - 95,000.00
A large Healthcare organization located in Long Island is immediately hiring for an experienced Systems Engineer III with a strong understanding of Linux-based operating systems to join their Information Technology Department. This position is on-site.
World-Renowned Educational and Research Healthcare Institution located in the North Shore of Long Island, NY.
- Administering a complex site alone or assisting in the administration of a larger site
- Initiating new responsibilities and helping to develop plans for the future of the site/network
- Evaluating and recommending critical IT purchases
- Writing purchase justifications
- Managing and training junior-level system engineers
- Performing weekend on-call functions
- Additional IT-related tasks assigned by management
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field
Experience & Skills Required
- 3-5 years of system administration experience
- Strong understanding of Linux-based operating systems and Windows Server operating system
- Experience with parallel filesystems (GPFS, Gluster, Ceph)
- Experience installing, configuring, and managing TSM server
- Experience with SAN storage and FC switches
- Significant programming background in any applicable language
LInux Certified a plus
· Our client offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
You are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition to your employment, except in instances where you have a qualifying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance that is contrary to receiving the vaccine. You will be required to provide proof of your vaccination on your first day of employment.