Senior Cost Accountant
Accounting / Finance Software
- Job Level:
$70,000.00 - 90,000.00
Financial team staff member responsible for margin, production variance, and cost analysis. In addition, provide inventory support to the corporate accounting group.
Luxury handbag and accessory manufacturer, distributor, and retailer based in Norwalk, CT. We are known for the uncompromising quality of our products and expect nothing less from our affiliates, vendors, and employees.
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Prepare, analyze and report monthly and quarterly gross margin results and ensures timely submission, accuracy and validity of these schedules. Present data, identify problem areas, and propose solutions to the VP of Finance in a consistent and timely manner.
- Prepare production analysis packages and analyze production/purchasing-related variances.
- Work on special projects as required.
Actively pursue continuous improvement opportunities
Bachelors in Accounting, Finance or Similar
Experience & Skills Required
- Understanding of accounting and financial processes, including basic General Ledger functionality.
- Excellent analytical skills. Must pay careful attention to detail, accuracy and quality.
- Proficiency in all MS Office products with a strong emphasis in Excel, including pivot tables and V lookups. Expert skills are preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with finance and operations functions. Including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and interaction with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and maintain on-time delivery.
- Ability to work with flexible and irregular production schedules.
- Exposure to various responsibilities in Oracle R12 is preferred.
Free parking, and great benefits