- Job Level:
Our client, a prestigious transportation services company, is hiring for a Grant Writer to work with their team in Newark, NJ. You would be working remotely until the office officially opens back up.
As the Grant Writer, your role will be to:
- Draft high-quality and competitive grant applications for submission to federal and state funding agencies. You will ensure statutory and administrative requirements are met prior to application submission.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to develop proposal strategies and gather relevant information for grant application narrative and supporting materials.
- Incorporate understanding of current agency services, assets and needs into a compelling business case, capturing both the quantifiable and non-quantifiable characteristics of a proposed project.
- Monitor federal and state websites for new or revised rules and regulations.
- Assist with state and federal procedural audits and aid in conducting review of policies and procedures, then recommending corrective action as appropriate.
- Assist in post-aware grant administration, obligation, and reconciliation.
- Aid in establishing and revising funding in applicable funding database.
- Asssist with annual transfer federal funding, as well as the STIP and TIP amendment process and Year End Obligation report.
- And other duties as assigned by supervisors.
Experience & Skills Required
- At least 3 years of grant administration/management or technical/business writing experience
- Must be proficient in written communications, and posses superior grammar, punctuation, and spelling skills.
- Must be organized, able to adhere to strict deadlines, and follow up on pending matters with manager and senior executives/
- Proficient in MS Office Suite - particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- A financial background is preferred