Data And Systems Support Technician
New York, NY
- Job Level:
$28.00 - $32.00/hr
We are looking for an analytical data and systems support technician who will work with team members to improve current applications and processes. You will use your understanding of databases, programming languages and BI tools to improve our back-end applications including our financial application, open source Intranet CMS and digital asset management system. You will collaborate with our programmers, consultants, and other team members to improve reporting and analytical capabilities with BI tools. You will also work with our Systems Administrator in the support of our enterprise systems. The position requires excellent technical and communication skills in order to understand business needs and to administer systems accordingly.
- Assist programmers in providing ad- hoc and custom reports using established query tools
- Assist programmers in creating dashboards through PowerBI and other third party reporting/visualization software
- Maintain Intranet site and server including site backup and configuration, updating add-ons, updating theme code; creating user guide and train staff
- Maintain ResourceSpace digital asset management platform; customizing layouts; adding and modifying metadata fields and search fields; permission handlin
- Assist programmers and departments with documentation and testing
Experience & Skills Required
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field with at least 2 years of working experience with PC applications, development, and computer programming. Working knowledge of SQL, data visualization and data manipulation best practices; SQL Server Management Studio. Proven knowledge of database concepts, and web-based applications.
- Knowledge of most common databases including, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Postgres etc.
- Understanding of relational databases and data integration tools
- Experience with BI tools