This is a hands-on position performing and coordinating the maintenance of all company equipment, buildings, and property; manages and coordinates repairs, office moves, new construction, and alterations. Much of the daily building and equipment related work is performed in an active factory and warehouse environment. The grounds keeping and exterior tasks need to be completed regardless of the weather.
- Regularly inspects company equipment, buildings, and property; oversees maintenance of property including but not limited to offices, production areas, public areas, and equipment through development and implementation of preventive maintenance program.
- Ensures all maintenance and repairs are completed in a timely, cost-effective manner and according to all specifications.
- Oversees maintenance of organization’s physical operations including but not limited to refrigeration, heating, ventilation and air conditioning, kitchen equipment, emergency generators, plumbing, water treatment, and electric systems.
- Plans utilization of space and facilities; inspects buildings and office areas to evaluate suitability for occupancy.
- Conducts all pre-planning and coordination of office moves, additions, and/or changes; coordinates all necessary work to accomplish move/addition/change including but not limited to cost estimates, bid sheets, layouts, and contracts for construction and acquisitions.
- Interfaces with appropriate staff/managers to receive information regarding facilities’ needs; ensures timely response to requests.
- Interfaces with appropriate staff/managers, engineers, and outside contractors to review and/or develop renovation and new construction plans; coordinates communication with and work of outside contractors.
- Ensures all fire and safety inspections are completed and any discrepancies corrected; ensures property is in compliance with all safety and sanitation policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Supervises workers engaged in moving furniture and equipment, preparing facilities for occupancy, maintenance and repair of equipment, buildings, and property.
- Possesses and maintains thorough knowledge of city and state building codes and all local, state, and federal regulations.
- Develops, implements, and monitors department budget; manages expenses within approved budget constraints.
- Prepares accurate and timely reports as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Experience & Skills Required
- Two to four years related experience or equivalent.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Proficient on computer skills to communicate and organize using email and MS Office programs.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
- Ability to understand any and all safety requirements and cautions.
- Problem Solving--Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Project Management--Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Construction and Electric skills and knowledge to complete needed repairs and maintenance. Heating, Cooling, Plumbing skills to allow completion of needed repairs and maintenance.
- Oral Communication--Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication--Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.