New York, NY
- Job Level:
$16.00 - $17.00/hr
Professional legal services firm located in downtown Manhattan is in need of a Laborer in their Facilities Management Department with prior experience performing various duties throughout the building.
- Moves, lifts, and carries heavy objects and materials (may make use of hand or power driven equipment to perform such duties).
- Loads and unloads heavy equipment and materials at office, moving vans, trucks, or loading docks.
- Work outdoors in all weather.
- Regulates the use of facilities in accordance with office rules and regulations.
- Makes periodic inspections and performs required maintenance on equipment and structures.
- Engages in general maintenance, clean-up activities, debris removal and disposal.
- Performs deliveries of equipment and materials to various locations within driving distance of the office.
- May occasionally assist skilled craftsmen to complete various projects.
Experience & Skills Required
- Prior maintenance experience preferred; good organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to lift heavy objects, upwards of 50 lbs.
- Ability to take direction and work well with others.
- Ability to work rotating schedules, evenings, early mornings, and weekends.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff and vendors.
- Must be available to work the following shift: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 pm or 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 pm
- Must possess a valid New York State Driver License.