- Job Level:
Our client, a local healthcare leader, is seeking a Buyer to assist their team in the Paterson, NJ area! You will be supporting the Materials Distribution Department for a major regional hospital for buying of healthcare and other hospital related products.
- Research, select and purchase quality products and materials.
- Build relationships with suppliers and negotiate with them for the best pricing.
- Process requisitions and update management on status of orders.
- Update inventory and ensure that stock levels are kept at appropriate levels.
- Arrange transport of goods and track orders to ensure timely delivery.
- Analyze market trends and apply this knowledge to make insightful buying decisions.
Experience & Skills Required
- Completed High School diploma/GED required - Associates degree or higher is preferred
- 1-3 years of procurement experience
- Hospital / medical purchasing experience is highly preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products