- Job Level:
Non-profit healthcare corporation is seeking and experienced Phlebotomist ASAP.
- Collects blood specimens from patients via venipuncture and skin puncture according to physician orders and applicable policies and procedures to ensure complete and accurate specimens for all tests ordered.
- Obtains blood samples from patients quickly, efficiently, and with a minimum of discomfort. Documents appropriate information (ie: time, initials, unique identification) on specimen labels and requisitions.
- Accurately orders all tests in the laboratory information system
- Prepares and stores samples for internal laboratory testing and for reference laboratory testing maintaining appropriate temperature and stability requirements defined by test procedure or reference lab.
- Receives and screens incoming calls and directs calls to the appropriate person or department.
- May verbally provide specimen results to physicians and doctor’s office support personnel, as well as prepare, fax, and mail reports.
Experience & Skills Required
- Must have a minimum of 6 months of experience as a Phlebotomist.
- Familiarity with medical and/or laboratory terminology and testing strongly preferred.
- Good communication skills, good customer service skills, and basic computer skills preferred
- Performs other duties to maintain a clean, organized, working environment.
- Ancillary duties may include filing, report distribution, supply distribution, record maintenance, stocking supplies, etc