Our client, a large telecommunications company, is searching for a Project Manager to join their team in the Elmwood Park, NJ area! The Site Development Project Manager oversees site acquisition vendors who are responsible for locating appropriate properties for telecom and tower infrastructure sites, negotiating these transactions, as well as driving the permitting of these sites. They will also act as an intermediary between wireless companies and owners of real estate and other facilities.
- Oversee and manage third party site acquisition firms and specialists who are responsible for screening and pursuing candidates for new site and raw land development for wireless/telecom development.
- Read and accept or reject project deliverables including but not limited to, leases, licenses, title reports, surveys, deeds, easements, regulatory documents, plat maps, parcel maps, zoning ordinance, and any other documentation associated with the site acquisition and development process.
- Maintain accurate and up to date reports in assigned data base systems, such as Site Tracker, for weekly internal deployment meetings
- Work with A/E firms, surveyors and internal resources on cell site drawings, exhibits and renderings.
- Provide forecast information, project status, and report issues on a regular basis to management and clients.
- Assist in the management and completion of zoning, building and other required permits (i.e. FAA).
- Maintain weekly reports (internally and externally) including but not limited to; SCIP, SDP, lease, CD, permitting, zoning and regulatory statuses.
- Work under strict timelines to bring in lease agreements that are acceptable to client.
Experience & Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree desired or equivalent work experience preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in cellular site acquisition with a background in project management and negotiating new site development and raw land development.
- Strong project management skills with a solid understanding of PM methodologies and tools.
- Prior experience with various wireless telecom carriers/OEM project management systems is a plus.
- Solid understanding of zoning codes, procedures and operations of work related government agencies.
- MS Office and database management proficiency.
- Familiarity with FileNet, PACE and Site Tracker database systems preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Proactive, forward thinking and a strong sense of urgency.
- Self-motivated and able to deal with a fast-paced environment and meet strict deadlines.