New York, NY
- Job Level:
$16.00 - $17.00/hr
Criminal Law office located in downtown NYC has several openings for part-time Document Scanning Assistants in its Case Management Services. In this position the Document Scanning Assistant will support the prosecution of cases by producing digital copies of documents for the office’s retention purposes. All candidates must be able to work Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 8:00am to 4:00pm.
- Retrieve case files from various locations throughout the office. Organize case files. Prepare case files by removing staples, arranging papers in specific order. Print, assemble and distribute cases.
- Use various office computer programs and equipment to scan, view and enter these documents.
- Quality control (QC) and indexing of the documents. QC includes, bar-coding, splitting and reviewing documents to make sure they are properly scanned, (e.g., skewed or missing papers). Indexing includes, manually entering scan dates, box numbers, batch names and case numbers when necessary (e.g., handwritten notes or barcodes are off center).
- Prep documents by removing staples, arranging papers in specific order, print, assemble and distribute case files.
- Responsible for sending scanned documents to the office’s network and storage devices.
- Responsible for informing supervisors of potential problems with scanning issues.
- Maintain confidentiality of records.
- Perform other duties as assigned and/or required.
Experience & Skills Required
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills required.
- Ability to operate modern office equipment, including computers and applicable software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Ability to perform routine office functions such as word processing, filing, and record keeping.
- Ability to update and edit existing databases.
- Strong attention to detail and high concern for data accuracy.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and adapt to changes in workflow.
- Ability to work efficiently to meet deadline.
- Ability to follow directions and apply proper policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Resourcefulness, initiative and good judgment essential.