- Job Level:
We are seeking a detail oriented, reliable and local Production/Assembly Technician to join an established team in Westchester County, NY. This contract position will be responsible for a variety of duties in support of the manufacturing and assembly of products in compliance with FDA regulatory requirements.
Our client is a developer, manufacturer and distributor of materials supporting the healthcare and diagnostic industries.
- Prepare/assemble product kits in accordance with product records and work instructions.
- Compares identifying information (part numbers, expiration dates, and lot numbers) on raw materials to information given in the device history record.
- Use basic mathematical skills to pull appropriate quantity of raw materials for production use.
- Follow written direction for the assembly of product to meet or exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Operate machinery as needed to complete the assembly of complex direct to customer and corporate consumable products in a just in time production environments.
- May move, handle and dispense various chemicals and handle chemical waste.
- Manually load and unload supplies and equipment.
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED along with six months or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Assembly/Warehouse experience preferred
Experience & Skills Required
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand basic English.
- The ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Must have Reliable Transportation & Valid Drivers License
- Basic mathematical skills, strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, shift tasks and work activities quickly
- Ability to understand safe chemical handling procedures, regulatory requirements, and adhere to safety regulations, guidelines, and procedures.
- Must be willing and able to continually rotate through a variety of manufacturing processes, performing all types of tasks in a team environment.
- Performs other related tasks including but not limited to performing housekeeping tasks required to keep the work area safe, clean and organized.
- Must be able to follow directions and complete assignments in a safe and timely manner.
- Maintain 9:00 - 6:00 Monday - Friday work scheudle with rare “off-hours” work (early morning, evenings and/or weekend work) when required