As a Nurse Practitioner you will:
- Conduct comprehensive History and Physicals on new participants and current participants in a clinic setting. Including providing evaluation and treatment of participants during acute illness or emergence of new complaint or symptom; manages participants’ chronic illness in collaboration with the IDT.
- Determine the need for and facilitates referrals to other medical specialists when participant condition warrants.
- Evaluate the participants’ plan of care and revises as appropriate.
- Provide preventive health maintenance for participants including immunizations, screenings, and monitoring of pertinent indicators.
- Prescribe and adjust medications within the scope of prescriptive authority and current practice guidelines.
- Order, review, and provide instruction to participants regarding therapeutic diet.
- Order, facilitate, and review diagnostic examinations such as laboratory, radiology, etc.
Experience & Skills Required
As a Nurse Practitioner NP you will have:
- Experience Minimum 2 years’ experience working as an Adult, Family, or Geriatric NP including one year of experience working with frail elderly preferably in a long term care or primary medical care setting
- NYS registration as a Professional Registered Nurse Current NYS license and Certification as a Family, Adult, or Geriatric Nurse Practitioner in good standing, with prescriptive authority.
- Certifications Certification by AANP
- Valid and up-to-date DEA Certificate is required.
Excellent pay tailored to your needs
Referral bonus program
Weekly direct deposit
Comprehensive benefits package
Low cost Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
24/7 support before, during and after your assignment
Nurse practitioner, nurse salary, nurse practitioner salary, nursing school, travel nursing, board of nursing, nursing jobs, nurse practitioner jobs, NP, Geriatric NP, travel nursing jobs, nurse practitioner programs, nurse practitioner schooling, family nurse practitioner, nurse practitioner programs, advanced practice nurse, public health nurse, travel nursing companies, nursing assessment, nurse practitioner definition, per diem nursing jobs, site nurse practitioner, community health, Homecare, homecare, home health, geriatric, geriatrics, elderly, Healthcare, health care, long term care,