Long Term Contract
New York, NY
- Job Level:
$16.00 - $17.00/hr
Our client, a prestigious legal services provider, has multiple openings for experienced Custodians for long-term temporary roles. In this position the Custodial Assistant will perform work of ordinary difficulty in cleaning within client’s office space DOWNTOWN Manhattan and immediate grounds; perform related light labor duties and related work.
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Sweeps, mops, and buffs office floors, toilets, corridors, lobbies and other assigned areas.
- Restrooms and facilities cleaning and sanitizing; replenish bathroom supplies.
- Scrubs floors with an electric machine; waxes and polishes floors; hand scrubs stairs and stair landings.
- Empties waste baskets and disposes of refuse and recycles;
- Vacuums rugs and carpets.
- Dusts, and removes and cleans Venetian blinds; dusts walls and furniture and polishes furniture and metal work.
- Sweeps sidewalks and removes snow from sidewalks.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
High School Diploma required
Experience & Skills Required
- Prior cleaning/housekeeping/custodian/porter experience REQUIRED;
- Floor care cleaning experience, mopping and buffing, carpet cleaning and vacuuming – utilized commercial grade equipment.
- Knowledgeable on garbage disposal and recycling
- Ability to lift heavy objects; to take direction and work well with others.
- Ability to work rotating schedules and week-ends.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff and vendors.