Cyber Security Engineer
New York, NY
Information Technology Services
- Job Level:
The Senior Cybersecurity Engineer ("Engineer") reports to the Director of IT and collaborates closely with members of the IT staff, including the Manager of IT Infrastructure Operations. The Engineer is responsible for day-to-day cybersecurity tasks of the Foundation's IT protective services, risk management, engineering, analysis, and investigations. The Engineer collaborates with the Foundation's IT Infrastructure outsource providers, Foundation staff, consultants, and/or service firms, to maintain the confidentiality, integrity, and accessibility of Foundation technology services. The Engineer oversees and works to improve the Foundation's Security Information and Event Management ("SIEM") competency. The Engineer prototypes, configures, troubleshoots, and maintains an extensive variety of security-focused services, products, and equipment that provide technical and administrative controls. The Engineer recommends products or services best suited for the Foundation's cybersecurity needs.
Our client is a non-for-profit Foundation which believes that the arts and humanities are where we express our complex humanity, and we believe that everyone deserves the beauty, transcendence, and freedom to be found there. Through our grants, we seek to build just communities enriched by meaning and empowered by critical thinking, where ideas and imagination can thrive. It makes grants in four core program areas (Higher Learning, Arts and Culture, Public Knowledge, and Humanities in Place).
- Protect, Analyze, and Defend the Network and its Web applications.
- Engineer, Operate and Maintain Security to all its systems.
- Master's Degree preferred
- Various Security Certifications a plus
Experience & Skills Required
- Experience in the following platforms, systems, applications and network hardware including: Azure, Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange, and Office365.
- Cisco Firepower, Cisco Catalyst. Linux/Centos, TCP/IP, firewall and systems security, network and system monitoring/logging, network switching, and routing, Data Loss Prevention (DLP) business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Experience with a hybrid cloud environment (integrating on-premise technology with hosted cloud environment) is highly preferred.
· Certification(s) in one or more of the following areas: GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), CISA: Certified Information Security Auditor, CEH: Certified Ethical Hacker, CISM: Certified Information Security Manager, or CompTIA Security+.
Outstanding Benefits and stable financial organization.