New Haven, CT
- Job Level:
$70,000 - $85,000
We are seeking an experienced Consulting R&D Technologist with expertise in the development of food ingredients, supplements, pre-mixes and/or powdered products to support a high volume product development team in central Connecticut. This will be a full time on-site contracting role through 2020.
Our client is a national industry leader manufacturer of high value custom ingredients supporting diverse industries.
- Develop complex food ingredients, vitamin and mineral premixes to meet sales, marketing and customer requests. Support customers, sales and production and provide regular communications regarding development projects.
- Organize, plan and prioritize projects of varying complexity and status (typically 10+) to meet time targets. Maintain communications with stakeholders regarding
- Perform organoleptic testing and comparative analyses.
- Perform formulation calculations, prepare product specification sheets and complex production batch sheets.
- Maintain current knowledge of food fortification market trends and apply knowledge to product / prototype development.
- Support corporate safety and quality initiatives.
MS/BS Food Science
Experience & Skills Required
- 3+ years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of ingredient interactions within complex systems, food processing, FSMA and food quality standards.
- Knowledge or willingness to learn vitamin and mineral functionality in foods, food regulations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to prepare and deliver technical presentations to internal and external teams.
- Excellent inter-personal, time management, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications. Prior experience working with Genesis Food Formulation & Labeling Software or ability to master new software systems.
- Ability to adhere to established PPE requirements, occasionally lift up to 25 lbs., regularly sit, stand, reach, bend, push/pull loaded wheeled carts and ascend & descend stairs.
Knowledge of FSMA functional ingredients and food regulations desired, formal certifications are a plus.
English - excellent verbal and written abilities required