Food Wholesale Distributors
- Job Level:
Seeking a highly motivated Regional Operations Finance Controller to join the team. The manager partners closely with senior management levels. This role acts as a trusted leader who assists in a cross-functional capacity to align strategic goals with operational performance – helping to shape both long term goals and the path towards realization. Key qualities for the role require critical thinking, strong communications, follow-up, and a continuous improvement mindset.
- Accounting and business partner that can help grow and support the business, supporting operations and driving efficiencies
- Responsible for financial oversight of five locations along the east coast, report to the CFO in NJ
- Interpret and summarize results of financial analysis and make recommended solutions
- Perform analysis of the drivers of business growth (internal and external). Develop recommendations to maximize growth opportunities with a short and long term perspective
- Work with business leaders to build and maintain financial budgets and forecasts with weekly tracking. Call out risks and opportunities based on actuals to aid in tactical decision making
- Support senior management in data gathering and analysis for short and long-term action plans as well as various financial analyses on profit improvement opportunities and initiatives
- Actively perform ad hoc financial and operational analysis on profit improvement opportunities and initiatives, sales trends and projections, etc.
- Evaluate capital projects, identify facility solutions and create capacity analysis and ROIs.
- Experience with technology in a distribution environment
- (Warehouse management, Transportation/Routing,Inventory Control, Accounts Payable/back office automation)
Experience & Skills Required
- Undergraduate or graduate degree, in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related discipline.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in accounting/finance in manufacturing or distribution companies
- Excellent command of EXCEL (PIVOTS, V/H LOOKUPS) and POWERPOINT
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage rigid reporting deadlines
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbal, with all levels of the organization
- Self-starter personality and excellent time-management skills
- Regional travel up to 20%