- Job Level:
$110,000 - $125,000
We are seeking a Senior Product Development Scientist with expertise in microencapsulation technologies and bench to commercialization development of new products and optimization of existing products. The Senior Product Development Scientist will lead and mentor development team members, work closely with process engineers, cross-functional team members, customers and external manufacturing partners.
Our client is a national industry-leading manufacturer of high-value custom ingredients supporting diverse industries.
- Lead development projects, work with development team and customers to determine project scope, develop implementation plans, product specifications and product manufacturing procedures.
- As required travel to customer and manufacturing partner locations to support development process.
- Develops proposals for capital recommendations and lead qualification and implementation.
- Develop new/custom microencapsulation products using innovative technologies including, but not limited to, spray drying, spray coating, fluidized bed, extrusion, lyophilization, coacervation and homogenization.
- Investigate and implement new technologies.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of industry trends, innovative processes and practical application of emulsion sciences to create new and novel finished goods.
- Troubleshoot formulation and manufacturing processes.
- Apply a creative approach to problem-solving.
- Implement Continuous Improvement Processes (CIP), ensure compliance with applicable quality regulations including cGMPs, FDA, GFSI and HACCP.
- Take a lead role in the personnel development and motivation of the development team.
- Provide tools and training to enable them to carry out all projects and fulfill their job function.
MS/BS Chemical Engineering or relevant physical science major
Experience & Skills Required
- 5+ years of hands-on formulation/development experience with sound knowledge of encapsulation, emulsion and spray drying processes
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Proficient in experimental design.
- Possess a strong desire to innovate and meet/exceed customer targets for new products.
- Maintain a solid working knowledge of raw materials to formulate a wide variety of products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer proficient with strong multi-tasking abilities.
- Must be able to interpret technical data and present findings to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Must be a self-starter with a high level of initiative, able to work with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma or other continuous improvement initiatives.