Medical Products Distribution
- Job Level:
PLC Mechanic Your Role
Set up and repair of Packaging equipment which includes vertical form, fill and seal machines, bottle fillers, tube fillers, blister packaging equipment, cappers, unscramblers and labelers, shrink wrapping machines, carton forming machines, stainless steel kettles and rotary mixers.
- Calibrating, monitoring, repairing, and maintaining transmitters, controllers, plant safety systems, power systems and sensors.
- Constructing, programming, and installing control panels and control systems for automation equipment.
- Managing excel spreadsheets for monthly reports, spare parts, daily repair logs, and scheduled PM’s, and calibration documentation.
- Troubleshoot electromechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems via ladder logic and electrical schematics.
- Coordinate daily production runs with Manufacturing Engineering Manager
- Ensures that all components meet documented specifications.
- Perform preventive maintenance on machinery
- Fill out the machine cleaning logbook after the cleaning process has been completed.
- Trouble shoot and repair machinery problems during production
- Perform preventive maintenance as required, schedules PM to minimize production delays while maintaining highest performance levels of operation.
- Analyze wear of electro and mechanical parts and takes proactive steps such as implementing new PM’s, recommending replacement parts or retrofit equipment.
- Makes improvements to machines/process by fabricating parts, fixtures, or methods.
- Uses daily production metrics to determine machine and process performance. Takes proactive steps to ensure standards and compliance is obtained
- Actively solicits feedback from production employees for improvements to machines and process.
- Monitors spare parts levels and coordinates replenishment.
- Works with Manufacturing Engineering Manager to implement Lean Concepts in production and maintenance.
- Adhere to safety policies and OSHA and GMP regulations.
- Participates on continuous improvement teams.
High School diploma/GED.
Experience & Skills Required
- Familiar with equipment manufactured by Allen Bradley and Siemens.
- Familiar with pneumatic and hydraulic systems as well as speed drives, sensors, motors, encoders, and positioning controls.
- Must be proficient in electrical controls, trouble shooting, understanding ladder logic and electrical diagrams, and mechanical and pneumatic systems.