Construction Project Manager
- Job Level:
The Project Manager will lead, direct and coordinate the overall management of multiple projects. This position is also responsible for representing the company with internal clients and outside consultants/contractors on subjects related to project implementation.
- Manage project development from initiation to close.
- Develop a high-performance team through supervision, training, coaching and mentoring.
- Ensure regular feedback is shared with staff including timely completion of assignments.
- Understand and administer contracts and subcontract agreements.
- Foster and enhance owner, architect, subcontractor and vendor relations.
- Able to demonstrate experience in the management of construction design, budget and schedules.
- Work with preconstruction team in development of project.
- Manage budget and financial reporting, interpret and analyze reports to ensure adherence to project budget.
- Drive competencies to team on requirements for insurance, labor relations, and employee relations.
- Drive enforcement of safety protocols by the project staff.
- Work with Accounting to initiate pay application process and follow up to ensure payment is received in a timely manner.
- Be familiar with NYC Department of Building requirements.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Directly supervises the employees involved in each project.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Bachelors degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or in a related field. Combination of education, training and/or experience.
Experience & Skills Required
- In depth knowledge of construction cost, scheduling, estimating, purchasing and engineering principles and techniques, as well as accounting principles.
- Proven written and verbal communication abilities; proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office suite.
- Demonstrated ability to read, understand and interpret contract and insurance documents and forms, and make appropriate recommendations.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with individuals at all levels, both internal and external.
- Computer and Internet use is required.
- MS Project Ms Office Procore Prolog Primavera Timberline