- Job Level:
$90,000.00 - $95,000.00
Our client is a Managed Health Plan; is part of a group of long-term care affiliates that provides a full range of care solutions including nursing home care, managed long term care, assisted living programs, senior housing, rehabilitation services and specialized services such as elder abuse prevention and memory care for over 18,000 patients, residents and members to live forward every day. They are looking for a full time Nurse Care Manager to join our dynamic team located in Queens, NY.
- The Nurse Care Manager will be responsible for providing care coordination including in-home assessment, planning, facilitation, advocacy and authorization of covered plan services to meet the member’s health needs while promoting quality cost-effective outcomes.
- Work with member/family to maintain the most independent living situation possible; ensure consistent care along the entire health care continuum by assessing and closely monitoring member’s needs and status.
- Authorizes covered services and coordinates care regardless of payer.
- Will collaborates and communicates with member/family/caregivers, primary care practitioners, and the interdisciplinary team.
Experience & Skills Required
- Must have a New York State Registered Nurse license and registration, Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing and a minimum of 3 years of Registered Nurse experience.
- Clinical expertise in geriatrics preferred; managed long-term care experience preferred.
- Bilingual skills may be required as determined by operational needs. Bilingual Russian.