- Job Level:
Our client is in need of an experienced Quality Assurance Inspector.
- Request finished product labels, check count and accuracy of printed labels
- Verify proper documentation of equipment cleaning
- Record and check cleaning logs daily, inform relevant personnel of missing or wrong documentation
- Equipment cleaning validation using CHARM instrument
- Collect swab of cleaned equipment surface for testing
- Run CHARM cleaning validation test on a daily basis
- When results from testing are out of specification, direct production personnel to repeat cleaning
- Perform cleaning calibration once a month to ensure instrument working correctly.
- Change sign status on machinery “dirty”, “clean” or “in process” when a product is being processed in the machine or room.
- Perform monthly calibration on the moisture balance
- Monitor the temperature and humidity in the warehouse and production areas.
- Report any out of specification results to the QA Manager.
- Finished Product and raw material status
- Place Approved stickers on raw materials and finished products after Quality Control testing
- Place Reject stickers on rejected raw materials and ensure they are placed in Reject area
- Place Hold stickers on returned products and raw materials and ensure they are placed in Hold location.
- Oversee the sanitation program of the facility acting as the Sanitation Supervisor.
- Perform sanitation inspections and record your findings on the sanitation checklist once a week
- Perform environmental microbial swab testing once a week.
- Collect water samples once a month for microbial testing
- Collect retain samples
- Perform FTIR identification testing to confirm material composition
- Perform prescreen particle size testing and % moisture as needed.
- Associate’s and/or Trade Degree is Preferred.
- High School diploma is required.
Experience & Skills Required
- 3+ years of related experience in a manufacturing/distribution preferred.
- Must be highly organized and comfortable with computers (Email, Barcoding technology, and Microsoft Office).
- Requires h a valid driver’s license.
- Forklift Certification is preferred.
- This position will be initially based in the Bridgeport facility. The Bridgeport facility expects to relocate to Naugatuck, CT in May 2020.