Join one of the fastest-growing manufacturers in Connecticut. Our client offers a great work environment, strong benefits, and true career growth opportunities. They produce a well known medical device with a global market.
- Work with customers in conjunction with Product Development Engineers to quote, develop, and sustain new laser processed projects.
- Provide guidance to customers, as necessary.
- Design robust, cost-effective laser processes and oversee prototype fabrication.
- Troubleshoot problems and define preventative and corrective actions.
- Establish costs for new laser processed products and evaluate how changes affect costs.
- Generate system documentation including creation of prints, procedures, work instructions, specifications, and other documentation.
- Effectively present findings or oral arguments to customers and management.
- Maintain, repair, and upgrade laser systems, as necessary.
- Support internal development projects and goals.
- Adhere to company procedures/quality standards and ensure compliance to customer specifications and applicable external regulations (ex: FDA).
- Work with Sales, Operations, Quality, Customer Service, Logistics, and HR, as necessary.
Experience & Skills Required
- BS or MS in Engineering or equivalent with 5 years relevant laser processing experience, capable of working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Must be proficient with MS Office.
- Must possess solid mechanical and electrical troubleshooting abilities.
- Must demonstrate good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be extremely flexible regarding priority changes.
- Individual must be fluent in speaking, reading, and writing English.