Accounts Payable Analyst
- Job Level:
Your Role: The Accounts Payable Analyst will work with the Logistics, Marketing, Sales, HR, Treasury and Accounting Departments to process payments for most vendors, analyze and control T&E expenses, improve working capital through the payment cycle, analyze general expenses and identify cost-saving initiatives, support the forecast and budget process with respect to general expenses, maintain solid policy compliance and internal controls and establish good business relationships with suppliers.
- Maintaining supplier files and records, create new suppliers, delete old vendors and maintain supplier master file current and updated
- Coordinating the accounts payable process to ensure accurate, efficient and timely recording of invoices and its payment. This includes:
- Process invoices daily
- Confirm proper approval of invoices by the existence of Purchase Orders (POs) prior to incurring the expense
- Record journal entries or accrue expenses in appropriate accounts, cost centers, projects and departments as needed
- File invoices, POs and maintain complete and accurate supporting files and documentation
- Prepare payment batches according to payment cycles
- Reply accounts payable inquiries regarding invoices and payments and serve as the focal point for initiating and receiving vendor calls
- Communicate with vendors, suppliers and employees to create a professional working relationship and establish and maintain a strong business reputation with vendors
- Review and reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Provide recommendations concerning improvements in AP policies, processes and procedures
- Upload T&E expenses from Concur
- Record and upload credit card expenses for several departments
- Prepare and analyze the AP aging reports
- Assist in reconciling bank accounts – payments and charges
- Administering the Travel Concur system and analyzing T&E expenses by:
- Ensuring all expenses have been approved and are in compliance with Travel policy and highlighting exceptions to policy
- Verifying and processing reports for payment by payment manager
- Correcting and assisting employees in expense report issues
- Assisting in educating Sales force regarding Concur utilization and controlling expenses
- Maintaining user master files and creating new users as needed
- Running expense reports and creating monthly databases and pivot tables for analysis by cost center, individual, type of expense, etc. and analyze expenses versus budget and prior year.
- Analyzing budget overruns, excessive expenses, cost trends and saving opportunities
Bachelor's Degree required – major in Finance or Accounting preferred
Experience & Skills Required
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in accounts payable and at least 1 year of experience as an analyst preferable.
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office, including advance Excel user and experience in common ERP systems.
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to identify, research and resolve problems and identify sustainable solutions
- Ability to build and maintain effective customer/supplier relationships
- Ability to manage through multiple systems and competing priorities.
- Ability to collaborate & negotiate with multiple stakeholders in order to resolve issues
- Ability to implement strict controls and high ethical standards