Tax Accountant Staff
Industrial Machinery / Equipment Manufacturing
- Job Level:
$70,000 - $85,000
The basic function of the role: To perform domestic tax compliance functions for a billion-dollar engineering corporation.
- Assist with the preparation of the U.S. Federal consolidated corporate income tax return and related forms and schedules.
- Prepare separate company, unitary, and combined state income tax returns.
- Prepare federal, state and local tax return extension and estimated tax forms and payments.
- Assist with the quarterly and year-end domestic tax provision in accordance with ASC 740.
- Assist with the administration of OneSource tax calendar.
- Correspondences/responses to tax notices and tax audit assistance.
- Perform various domestic federal and state tax projects as assigned.
- Identify process improvements and propose ideas for streamlining processes and reporting procedures.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various personnel at the Executive Office, including Accounting, Treasury, Legal, Human Resources and finance personnel at the business unit locations.
Experience & Skills Required
- 3+ years of experience in public or private accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting. Advanced degree and / or certified public accountant qualification desirable.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office, tax and accounting software to accomplish tasks.
- Prior experience with Thomson Reuter’s suite of tax products, and HFM preferred, but not required.
- Strong analytical, technology focused, interpersonal, oral/written communication and project management skills.
- Able to work alone and as part of a team.
- Expresses one’s ideas and actively participates in group discussions.
- Organized and able to meet deadlines, including working overtime when required.