- Job Level:
$16.50 - $20.00/hr
We are seeking an entry-level Laboratory Assistant to perform general laboratory duties in support of the chemistry and microbiology laboratories.
Our client is a global developer and manufacturer of specialty chemicals located in Fairfield County Connecticut.
- Adhere to company SOP’s and safety practices while providing support to senior laboratory staff.
- Perform daily checks and calibration of equipment (pH meters, balances, eye-wash/safety showers…)
- Monitor inventory, alert appropriate individuals when reordering is needed and stock laboratory consumables.
- Prepare stock solutions and reagents (chemical solutions, media, buffers, reagents and reference standards…).
- Operates lab equipment as assigned including autoclave, pH meter, balances, pipettes…).
- Assist senior laboratory staff with chemical and microbiological assays. Follow established procedures, sterile/aseptic technique and document all work in accordance with company protocols.
- Prioritize workload to meet business commitments and keep Laboratory Supervisor informed on status of all work assignments
- Maintain a clean well organized laboratory environment, clean laboratory glassware and assist with general laboratory activities as requested.
- AS degree with academic laboratory courses OR prior experience in an academic or industry laboratory will be considered.
Experience & Skills Required
- Strong attention to detail, well organized and highly collaborative.
- Ability to understand the importance of chemical handling safety, and adhere to safety regulations, guidelines, and procedures.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position including frequent bending, reaching, repetitive hand and arm movements, standing, lifting and reading information from printed sources and computer screens for a prolonged period Lifting of up to quires frequent lifting and carrying items weighing up to 20 pounds unassisted.
- Must be reliable, enthusiastic and self-motivated, excellent computer and organizational skills.
- Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal communication skills.