Reporting to the Corporate Controller, you will be responsible for supporting the accounting and financial reporting environment in our general ledger and consolidation systems as well as its supplemental products.
- Perform and manage all month-end close activities, including preparation of journal entries and reconciliations for various balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Preparation and review of financial statements to ensure transactions and consolidations are properly reflected and in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Compare actual financial performance against prior year, budget and forecasted results and provide meaningful explanations of fluctuations/discrepancies.
- Conduct monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance.
- Participate in streamlining and process improvement projects, enhancing the internal controls over accounting systems, processes, metrics, and reporting.
- Document accounting and finance processes and assist in the development or enhancement of accounting policies.
- Coordinate and provide support to external auditors for the annual audit of the financial statements.
- Support tax, treasury and procurement functions, as required.
- Support management in completing special projects, ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests, and other tasks as assigned.
Experience & Skills Required
- 3-5 years of related accounting/finance experience, CPA a plus;
- Commitment to process improvement and the ability to think “outside the box”
- Strong knowledge of GAAP including experience in the preparation of internal and external financial statements;
- Ability to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment;
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong working knowledge of accounting ledger systems;
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)