New York, NY
- Job Level:
Our client, a prestigious legal services provider, has multiple openings for experienced Custodians for long-term temporary roles.
The applicant must have extensive floor care cleaning experience, mopping and buffing. The hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
In this position the Custodial Assistant will perform work of ordinary difficulty in cleaning within the client’s office space DOWNTOWN Manhattan and immediate grounds; perform related light labor duties and related work.
- Sweeps, mops, and buffs office floors, toilets, corridors, lobbies, and other assigned areas.
- Restrooms and facilities cleaning and sanitizing; replenish bathroom supplies.
- Scrubs floors with an electric machine; waxes and polishes floors; hand scrubs stairs and stair landings.
- Empties wastebaskets and disposes of refuse and recycles;
- Vacuums rugs and carpets.
- Dust, and removes and cleans Venetian blinds; dust walls and furniture and polishes furniture and metalwork.
- Sweeps sidewalks and removes snow from sidewalks.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma preferred
Experience & Skills Required
- Prior cleaning/housekeeping/custodian/porter experience REQUIRED;
- Floorcare cleaning experience, mopping and buffing, carpet cleaning and vacuuming – utilized commercial-grade equipment.
- Knowledgeable on the garbage disposal and recycling
- Ability to lift heavy objects; to take direction and work well with others.
- Ability to work rotating schedules and weekends.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff and vendors.