Cyber Security Engineer
- Job Level:
$75,000 - $90,000
We are seeking a Cyber Security Engineer to serve as a subject matter expert in many areas of security and is able to describe and document in business terms the impact of security policies, standards, and architecture. This person will play a vital dual role in our organization, with time being spent facilitating our Cybersecurity offering as well as working on network and server-based projects in a Network Engineering role. This person will provide security direction to the business and project stakeholders to ensure that security is a key focus for all projects and new business initiatives, as well as technical expertise on assigned clients, tickets, and projects.
- Deliver technical support over the phone and in person, understands support processes
- Monitor assigned tickets and task and provide service or escalation as necessary
- Lead and manage complex projects such as infrastructure installations and upgrades
- Able to translate business and non-functional requirements to establish security controls so that a proper security design can be architected and to document the security solution for communication and publication.
- Accurately enter and maintain ticket information including notes and resolution
- Adhere to departmental policies for reporting and managing requests and change controls
- Internal IT support as needed
- This role will be split between Cybersecurity and Network Engineering as we grow this practice within our organization.
- Project engagement during the initiation, requirements, and design stages to ensure that security has been considered and is included in the design at the appropriate level based on the risks.
- Security review and design of complex applications and technologies.
- Evaluation and maintenance of security system plans and procedures to safeguard internal information systems.
- Researching and recommendation/implementation of changes to procedures and systems to enhance security aligned with corporate policies
- Accountable for ensuring that key risks and issues are identified, addressed and resolved in a manner that satisfies the business.
- This role will be placed on multiple projects with the expectation that the Cyber Security Engineer will be able to coordinate with Management and fellow co-workers in identifying existing security services that can be leveraged by the project.
- Perform security risk assessments to determine level of security services to include.
- Provide testing scenarios to the business, ensuring the security controls are in place as required.
- Elevate residual risk to be included in the risk register and approved by the key stakeholders where they cannot be mitigated or addressed.
- Minimum of five (5) years of information technology with at least 3 years in IT Security.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Information Security Qualifications such as CISSP, ISSAP, and SABSA practitioner a plus.
- Knowledge of government compliance standards (NIST, DISA STIG, USGCB, CIS Benchmark)
- Security Qualifications such as SANs, CCNA, CCNP.
Experience & Skills Required
- Strong background in security architecture including a deep knowledge of IT network security (secure LAN, WAN, vLAN, MPLS, and secure network zoning and restricted network design) and cloud-based technologies
- Experience of designing and incorporating technical security controls that align to NIST 800-53
- Strong background in Network Engineering including a deep understanding of Windows Server architecture, Windows Virtualization, Networking, Backup Solutions, and Disaster Recovery
- Ability to troubleshoot server based software issues with:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016
- Microsoft Windows Active Directory Infrastructure
- On Premise Microsoft Exchange 2007/2010/2013, coexistence Microsoft Exchange 2007/2010 / Microsoft Office 365, and hosted Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft SQL 2005/2008/2014 Server
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Services 2008/2012/2016
- Microsoft Hyper-V and VMWare
- Major Anti-Virus solutions
- Enterprise class backup solutions
- Very knowledgeable of various server/workstation peripherals such as NAS/SAN solutions.
- In depth knowledge of workstation/server hardware and software troubleshooting abilities
- Strong understanding of networking equipment such as Switches, Firewalls, and Wireless Access Points
- Working knowledge of HP and Dell equipment; general understanding of storage solutions
- Extremely knowledgeable in troubleshooting and resolving workstations based issues with
- Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10 (x32 and x64)
- Microsoft Office 2007, 2010, 2013, and 2016
- Microsoft Online Services (Office 365)
- Knowledge and understanding of AD, DNS, the Internet, and mail flow