Telehealth Product Specialist
Information Technology / Other Technology Staffing
- Job Level:
$90,000.00 - $100,000.00
The Telehealth Product Specialist will participate in the development and growth of Virtual Health programs. This individual will be responsible for the administration of the day to day operations for the Telehealth programs, overseeing all aspects of the initiative, partner with key stakeholders on program development, service delivery, business operations, service launch. Serve as the subject matter expert on Telehealth services, workflows and associated technologies, working closely with providers and vendors to improve the way patients receive care. Lead the planning, implementing, testing and training on applications; as well as the investigation, resolution and notification of issues escalated through Service Desk tickets.
- Partners with our clinical teams on the design and implementation of a Telehealth program to support digital health strategy. Participates in a governance committee on enhancing the program to meet future strategic initiatives.
- Interacts with administrative leaders, clinical leaders, and subject matter experts throughout the organization to ensure that workflows follow internal and external best practices.
- Works with operations staff to learn existing workflows and adapts to accommodate virtual health encounters.
- Develops and implements education, communication and / or implementation plans associated with telehealth initiatives.
- Provides support, training and subject matter expertise on all technical aspects of telehealth services.
- Collaborates with internal and external resources to determine specifications for hardware and software needs.
- Oversees and facilitates all technical aspects related to the Telehealth program, providing guidance to leadership, physicians and operational managers.
- Research and recommend possible technological and service enhancements, reimbursement opportunities, and legal or compliance issues.
- Provides administrative oversight to the Telehealth implementation and ongoing operations.
- Develop metrics, dashboards, and monthly reports on the performance of all services. Provide routine reports to stakeholders through written and verbal communications.
- Provide periodic program and performance updates as evidence of the accomplishment of strategic goals.
- Meets with key stakeholders as a conduit for continual feedback on the quality of patient care being administered.
- Acts as a business liaison for assigned departments within the health system to ensure that issues are uncovered and recognized before they become critical problems.
- Ensures the departments are provided adequate training and workflows are designed to optimize product/application capabilities.
- Takes the lead in software upgrades and coordinates projects with involved resources.
- Provides ongoing maintenance and advancement of assigned HIS applications through effective implementation of solutions, which support the user and application needs of the organization.
- Familiarity with the server configuration, client installation, data transfer formats including HL7 layouts and application backup & restoration procedures for each of their applications.
- Works effectively as part of a team in resolving issues escalated through the Service Desk in a timely manner.
- Investigates, tests, solves problems with HIS application software, databases, interfaces, and reports.
- Provides high level of customer service and appropriate coverage off-hours for critical problems ensuring Service Level Agreements are met.
- Actively participates in the process of identifying s
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent technical training, with at least 5 years’ experience with appropriate clinical or financial HIS application support.
Experience & Skills Required
- Strong, demonstrable experience implementing and supporting telehealth programs and supporting ongoing related activities.
- Preference is given to experience leading virtual health implementations within large healthcare organizations.
- Preference is given to Master or Bachelor Major in Healthcare Administration, and Project Management certification.