Computer / Software Retail
- Job Level:
$110,000 - $120,000
The Performance & Scale Engineer is responsible for performance benchmark testing for our client's Products & Services – which can be deployed at customer sites. This includes developing, continuously improving and delivering a repeatable Performance Benchmarking processes and publishing internal documentation of performance changes (both positive and negative) for each major release. In addition to these regular continuous tests, they are also responsible for planning, organizing and executing performance & scale tests (both internal and external at partners/lab facilities) and publishing results to staff and customers – this could be working with vendors to test new backend software/hardware updates that could bring improvements to our software. This will involve coordinating resources across internal and external teams.
- Manage, plan for and execute continuous automated benchmark testing of new builds as part of the development lifecycle.
- Identify measurement and automation tools to streamline the benchmarking process.
- Publish findings and escalate issues after each test.
- Manage, plan for and execute large scale performance & scale tests.
- Identify areas for performance improvements, review code, make code recommendations and test potential improvements.
- Help maintain the Platform Certification plan and provide input and recommendations on which platforms should be targeted.
- Keep the Hardware & Software Recommendations & Sizing documentation updated.
- Manage the Performance & Scale environment.
- Run a bi-weekly Performance & Scale meeting with developers to discuss current issues, understand future development requirements, what future code changes may impact the performance or scalability of the products.
- Assist across the deployment team on other deployment tasks, including updating existing deployment environments, testing, and documentation.
- Attend calls related to Performance & Scale issues or Platform Certification questions.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with key technical staff, both internal and clients.
- Administrative responsibilities, including tracking personal hours, providing regular status updates on projects, attending meeting etc.
- Bachelors / Masters in Computer Science
Experience & Skills Required
5+ years’ experience of Database Administration / Performance Monitoring & Tuning including, but not limited to:
- Experience in deploying or utilizing Microsoft SQL Server DBMS software.
- Experience in deploying or utilizing MongoDB or equivalent NoSQL software
- Exposure to complex SQL, including triggers, stored procedures, functions, etc.
- Experience with query or performance tuning
- Database maintenance
- In-depth knowledge of MS SQL Server (2014 and above)
- In-depth knowledge of MongoDB (Inc. v4+)
- In-depth knowledge of performance and profiling tools/techniques (Server & Code)
- An understanding of cloud based SaaS and monitoring tools
- Proficiency in Docker / Containerization (Inc. Monitoring tools/Prometheus)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows Server (2012 and above)
- Proficiency in Linux (CentOS / RHEL etc)
- Proficiency in building and configuring virtual machines (VMware / Hyper-V)