New York, NY
- Job Level:
$46,000 - $50,000
We are currently looking for a Receptionist to fill an opening in New York City for a local finance firm. The hours for this position are 7 am to 4 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Present a polished and professional image at all times.
- Receive and welcome all visitors to reception; create a favorable impression of the company through the provision of friendly, helpful and welcoming initial contact to all visitors and staff.
- Ensure that telephones are answered in a professional and timely manner and customer inquiries are dealt with in accordance with service standards and within agreed response times.
- Ensure the reception area is kept neat and tidy. The desk must be free from clutter and the seating area regularly tidied and cleared of rubbish, and the candy dish kept replenished.
- Pre-register all visitors.
- Issue all visitors and vendors with a visitor badge, or access card, ensuring their names and details are correctly spelled and logged into the visitor book or system.
- Maintain the physical security of client space by monitoring all employee and guest traffic in reception, and access control of vendors and contractors entering space through the freight elevator.
- Issue access cards and keys as required, ensuring adherence to all relevant security processes and protocols.
- Perform weekly and monthly audits of temporary access cards and employee access cards.
- Arrange for car/taxi service for visitors requesting transportation.
- Ensure all contractors entering the space have undergone HSE induction.
- Coordinate booking of meeting rooms and hoteling space.
- Assist Events department as needed with hospitality services, including placement of catering orders and administrative support.
Experience & Skills Required
- 5 years of relevant experience in a busy corporate environment.
- Proficiency in utilizing internet software, Outlook, spreadsheet software, and word processing software.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.