Legal Word Processor
New York, NY
- Job Level:
$70,000 - $80,000
We are currently seeking a Legal Word Processing professional to support time-sensitive document processing requests. Ideal candidates will thrive in a fast-paced, team-focused environment. Candidates must demonstrate high attention to detail and a focus on client satisfaction.
- Creating, editing and formatting legal documents to firm specifications using a variety of software applications.
- Converting, cleaning and formatting documents to/from different file formats.
- Creating charts, graphs, tables, and spreadsheets as requested.
- Creating and/or editing Tables of Authorities and Tables of Contents.
- Performing data entry utilizing various software applications.
- Transcribing analog and digital dictation files.
- Restoring and recovering corrupted document files as necessary.
- Providing telephone support to troubleshoot application queries.
- Completing all assigned jobs in an accurate and timely manner.
- Handling sensitive and/or confidential documents and information.
- Following established policies and procedures at all times.
- Performing additional duties as necessary or assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; bachelor’s degree preferred with 3+ years’ experience in legal word processing or legal field
Experience & Skills Required
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office programs including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Minimum typing speed of 60 wpm with 95% accuracy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work through complex legal document markups and instructions in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ability to prioritize various requests and deadlines simultaneously
- Ability to interact with client and team members in a professional and respectful manner at all times
- Flexibility to work overtime
- Experience creating Tables of Authorities and Tables of Contents, inserting automated cross-references, converting PDFs to Word using a variety of software, applying Word styles using macros, troubleshooting problem documents, including redlines and documents containing multiple numbering schemes, style separators, cross-references, and other automated fields Knowledge of legal terminology and legal citations Transcription experience
- Word Processing: 3 years (Required)
- Administrative Support: 3 years (Preferred)
- Microsoft Word: 3 years (Required)