NYS Licensed Blood Bank Supervisor
- Job Level:
$110,000 - $124,000
We are seeking an experienced Clinical Laboratory professional for a new Supervisor role in a growing Trauma Center Blood Bank. This is a working supervisor role (responsible for 60% bench work) will require position requires a NYS Licensed Clinical Laboratory Technologist license or NYS DOH Certificate of Qualification and will report to the Blood Bank Manager and Transfusion Medicine Director..
As a member of a well respected healthcare system our client is a leader in general medicine, surgery, trauma and multiple specialties utilizing the most advanced and innovative technology to provide the highest level of patient care.
- Support laboratory management team (esp. Laboratory Manager and Director) to manage personnel, oversee daily lab operations and meet the service and quality targets of the laboratory.
- Schedule personnel and oversee weekly payroll activities. Maintain personnel files, document training, continuing education, performance evaluations, annual medical clearances and ensure adherence to policies and procedures.
- Supervise daily laboratory activities, ensure compliance with laboratory procedures and policies, and assure compliance with regulatory requirements. Implement changes to meet new institutional and departmental policy changes. Monitor workplace for safety.
- Manage inventory and review supply requests to ensure adequate supplies and approval of expenses.
- Performs bench duties. Participate in system validation project, oversee quality control and maintenance programs and participate in problem solving as required. Investigate complaints and interface with other departments as required.
- Participates in the Laboratory Quality Assurance program. Assists in data collection and the preparation of Quality Assurance, statistical and regulatory agency reports.
- Monitors monthly expenses, review invoice postings and work with Laboratory Manager to correct errors.
- Participate in the preparation of regulatory agency applications (NYSDOH, Joint Commission, & CAP).
- In collaboration with the Laboratory Manager, interview, hire, counsel and discipline employees according to hospital and laboratory policies. Participate in hiring, training, evaluation and termination of assigned staff.
- Participate in the evaluation of new equipment, reagents, and procedures and make recommendations.
- Prioritize testing activities to meet department targets and stat testing requirements. Assign resources to provide high quality laboratory testing of patient samples in a timely manner. Record and report test results in an appropriately expedient manner.
- Will perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science Degree required (graduate degree is a plus)
Experience & Skills Required
- Minimum of six (6) years of clinical laboratory experience with a proficiency in Blood Bank
- Excellent technical and interpersonal skills to communicate tactfully, effectively and with discretion.
- Ability to motivate and lead a team
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to interact with clinicians and staff at all levels.
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- High proficiency with PC computer software applications, data collection and tracking systems, timekeeping systems and MS Office.
- A valid New York State Clinical Laboratory Technologist license and maintain licensure through the NYS Education Department
- NYS DOH Certificate of Qualification in Blood Bank