We are currently looking for a Technical Product Owner/Web Business Analyst to lead the requirements analysis and documentation effort for a new website project that will integrate with existing back-end applications. The Technical Product Owner/Web Business Analyst Consultant will work with key stakeholders and project managers to support the strategy and objectives of the business and help facilitate project engagement and deployment.
- Review, analyze and document the current state of existing systems and processes, make intelligent inquisitions and elicit future state expectations from users and stakeholders, in order to produce project artifacts that adhere to industry best practices and standards.
- Create and maintain high-quality project documents and diagrams including but not limited to business requirements, functional design, technical specifications and interface diagrams, process flows, gap analysis, use cases, requirements traceability matrix, test scenarios, and quality measures, and end-user transition and training guidelines.
- Be responsible for following software delivery lifecycle best practices, specifically within the requirements and technical design phase.
- Plan, coordinate and facilitate key requirements workshops with stakeholders, subject matter experts, and technical teams, and ensure alignment with user experience best practices.
- Partner with product and business owners to prioritize and decompose epics, groom stories and define features to a level of detail that will enable code to be written and tested with minimal defects.
- Work closely with the project teams to solve problems and facilitate impediment resolution in a timely, cost-effective manner in order to drive continuous improvement and ultimately, business owner satisfaction.
- Understand the impact of changes to downstream applications and coordinate with the affected departments to ensure they are in lock-step with the development team from a delivery perspective.
- Write acceptance criteria and generate test scenarios for the QA team, and assist them with requirements clarifications, defect triage, and regression testing.
- Facilitate the UAT process by conducting training and providing walkthroughs of new features to stakeholders and users and guiding them through the user acceptance testing process.
- Maintain an active record of the status of all in-flight requirements which will be stored in JIRA/Confluence.
- Ensure consistency of all project artifacts and project communications.
Experience & Skills Required
- At least 5 years of IT business analysis experience working with software engineering and product development teams to build dynamic web-based solutions.
- Industry best practice qualifications (ITIL, PMI-ACP, CSM, CSPO) are highly desired.
- Experience working with the systems development lifecycle utilizing Agile, Scrum and Waterfall methodologies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.