HumanEdge has partnered with a Clearwater Florida area client to hire a Staff Accountant for a long-term temporary assignment, starting immediately!
Reporting to the Controller, the Staff Accountant will maintain control of G/L accounts and business transaction of the company by applying GAAP standards that include in-depth analytical work and thorough review of financial records, in addition to running a payroll of 100 employees using ADP Workforce. A strong work ethic, attention to detail and a demonstrated knowledge of technical and operational accounting and finance functions are a must in this role. Please see below for additional job details!
- Assist the Accounting Manager in day-to-day, monthly and year-end operations within the Finance Department, including budget review and analysis
- Payroll/ADP Workforce 100 Employees
- Perform the processing and recording of Accounts Payable transactions ensuring all invoices and reimbursements are paid accurately and in accordance with Finance policies and procedures
- Assist department with new ERP implementation
- Review Expense Account coding to ensure compliance
- Manage processing of Accounts Receivable, including cash receipts, and the recording of Revenue
- Upload Billing Department files to payers, receive files and reconcile to cash receipts
- Perform the processing expense allocations, monthly accruals, amortization of prepaid expenses, fixed asset depreciation schedules and the recording of journal entries, including reclassification and adjustments to journal entries
- Prepare and analyze monthly forecast to actual variance reports
- Perform general account analysis and reconciliations, including bank statements, fixed assets, employer's benefit costs, accruals and prepaid expenses
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports, including financial statements, budgeted performance and interim reporting
Experience & Skills Required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2-3 Years solid accounting/payroll experience, or 5-7 cumulative years of relevant experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office products with emphasis on Excel
- Excellent analytical skills with high attention to detail
- Highly organized record keeping skills
- Extremely efficient with ability to problem solve
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to collaborate with all levels of management with poise, tact and diplomacy.