HumanEdge has partnered with a Chemical Manfacturing client to hire an an energetic Laboratory Technician/ Chemist with excellent attention to detail to join their growing laboratory team!
This position will be responsible for preparing standard solutions, and quality testing of reagents, raw materials, in process materials, final products and generating Certificate of Analyses for a fast paced, high volume laboratory.
- Prepare routine and non-routine stock solution and reference standards in accordance with established SOP’s.
- Accurately calculate solution concentration (ppm, ppb, molarity, normality, % volume), calculate and perform dilutions of stock solutions as required.
- Maintain excellent documentation records of lot numbers, weight, and measurements.
- Label all raw materials, in process and final materials in accordance with company policy. Adhere to all labelling and container requirements.
- Analysis of incoming raw materials, in process samples and finished products utilizing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs),and established analytical test methods in a GMP/GLP environment.
- Quality testing of finished products using wet and instrumental methods. Techniques may include but will not be limited to auto-titrators, HPLC, ICP, and UV-Vis to generate high quality analytical date.
- Perform routine and advanced calculations for COA, familiarity with international units, weights, dilutions and % concentration is required.
- Ensure that all results are accurately recorded in appropriate laboratory logs or other designated forms.
- Provide routine laboratory support, clean glassware, prepare solutions, organize laboratory equipment and supplies as needed.
Experience & Skills Required
- BS degree or AS degree with related laboratory experience
- Excellent math skills and ability to calculate solution concentrations
- Excellent documentation skills, strong attention to detail and computer abilities
- Great attitude and willingness to learn and seek work to accomplish the laboratory goals
- Ability to understand the importance of chemical handling safety, and adhere to safety regulations, guidelines, and procedures.
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel...) and ability to pick up new LIMS/analytical software packages quickly
- Demonstrate ability to perform work accurately and be able to follow test methodology.
- Ability to perform well under pressure and work with minimum supervision.