Our client is a national healthcare organization that was founded on the belief that there is a better way to deliver urgent care to kids and young adults. Their mission is to ensure patients receive superior quality after-hours care when they need it, without having to wait long for it. They have treated over 2 Million patients hailing from more than 2,000 towns across almost every state in the country. They are experiencing tremendous growth as they expand into new towns and regions.
We look for people who are motivated, energetic, fun, passionate about pediatric healthcare and believe in what we do. They provide the highest quality of care in a warm, child-friendly environment. Employees deliver impeccable customer service and treat patients as if they are family.
The Technology Manager is responsible for managing the technical work stream and ensuring that all technical activities, tasks, and deliverables are coordinated. This role will ensure system architecture needs are met, and that the technology supports IT best practices. This individual should have familiarity with all aspects of the ERP technical components, including system architecture and technical development. The role manages or collaborates with a growing team that develops all Reports, Interfaces, Customizations, Extensions, and Workflows, provides technical support to the project team and monitors overall system performance.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Monitor the progress of all technical infrastructure tasks and development tasks.
- Develop and implement a stringent set of technical guidelines, testing methodologies, programming standards, security standards, and disaster recovery procedures for all products supported to ensure the integrity of the products installed and the data accessed.
- Involve IT support staff sufficiently enough in the project to assume control at the appropriate transition points.
- Coordinate third party staff, such as hardware vendors or package software specialists.
- Support the implementation, deployment, and transition to the Production system.
- Provide design assistance, quality assurance for the development of the reports, interfaces, conversions and enhancements for WorkDay.
- Manage the development, testing and knowledge transfer for reports, interfaces, conversions and enhancements for WorkDay.
- Coordinate technical support resources (e.g., network infrastructure, hardware, software, etc.) as needed.
- Comply with all supporting change control and problem management policies and procedures.
- Reporting to the CIO.
Experience & Skills Required
- Experience leading and structuring work for development and technical infrastructure teams.
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience supporting WorkDay financial management and HCM
- Understanding of all technical aspects of ERP, including technical development, database administration, system administration, hardware, and workflow
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization.
- Proven communication and problem solving capabilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills - Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks with attention to detail and accuracy. Strong commitment to customer service.
- Highly motivated and self directed.
- Ability to lead and drive change within IT.
- Healthcare experience
- Solid background with business process improvement methodologies
- Supervisory experience of staff
- ERP transformation experience - 2 or more full life cycle implementations