HumanEdge is partnering with a Luxury Retail/Lifestyle Brand client to hire an ambitious and driven HR Coordinator/Benefits Specialist to join their team to as they continue to expand. This role is responsible for a broad range of HR administration duties including but not limited to the new hire onboarding, job postings, benefits and payroll administration and will require someone who is passionate & dedicated to both helping people and the brand!
- Develop and update job descriptions, post opportunities, screen candidates, check references, and prepare offer letters.
- Responsible for full new hire onboarding for corporate and retail employees.
- Responsible for the administration of benefit enrollments, life qualifying events of corporate and retail employees.
- Answer questions in a timely manner; provide guidance and assistance regarding benefit eligibility, levels of coverage for employees.
- Review new hire 90-day evaluations for HR issues, ensuring thorough and timely completion.
- Prepare, process, file and maintain governance of employee personnel documents.
- Assist in various requests including timely responses to audit inquiries, assist in developing and preparing reports, letters, and spreadsheets.
- Administer wellness programs.
- Responsible for COBRA administration and off-boarding actions as needed.
- Other projects as assigned by Senior HR Business Partner.
Experience & Skills Required
Ideal candidates have:
- Bachelor's degree -2 years of previous HR experience is required.
- Experience with Benefits Administration is a MUST.
- Health Benefits and 401k Experience with HR software (HRIS and/or payroll systems).
- Highly organized and self-motivated, and thrives working in a fast-paced environment, start-up experience a plus.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Team player with a generous streak of curiosity and entrepreneurial disposition.
- Knowledge of labor laws.
- Strong interpersonal skills and highly discreet.
- Calm under pressure, with a common-sense approach and flexibility.
- Effective communicator in group presentations and meetings.
- Clear business writing skills and ability to convey ideas in a concise and clear way.
- An ability to contribute to a highly people-focused and engaging workspace.
- Proficient in MS Office; Outlook and Excel a must.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.