Long Term Contract
New York, NY
- Job Level:
Our client, has an immediate LONG-TERM CONTRACT opening for a Copyright/IP Paralegal or Rights & Permissions Consultant for a special project involving audio rights licensing. The ideal candidate has had experience handling audio rights licensing for a major publishing house or literary agency and is skilled in working with in-house colleagues as well as with the agent community.
- Submit audio offers to editors/agents to obtain approval
- Communicate approvals to licensee on a timely basis
- Liaise with Art department and Production department to provide licensee with cover art rights information and production materials for titles licensed
- Route licensee-designed jackets to editors/agents for author approval
- Obtain author approvals regarding narrators selected by licensee
- Accurately record each title and license into Rights database, including advance, royalties, term and licensee pub date
Experience & Skills Required
- This position requires someone who is extremely detail-oriented in a high-volume environment, with superior follow-up skills, and the ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Familiarity with Bradbury Phillips rights database is a plus.